5 ECTS cr
|Language of instruction
Periods 1 - 4 and summer
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- apply the skills required for the tasks in the working life (communication, co-operation, creativity, problem solving, project management, learning, technical skills, international skills, commercial and financial skills)
- take responsibility for the tasks in a responsible manner
- reflect the tasks to IEM studies completed
- analyse and find development targets in IEM courses related to the tasks
Communication, co-operation, creativity, problem solving, project management, learning, technical skills, international skills, commercial and financial skills
|Mode of delivery
The tuition will not be organised. The student is responsible for finding the internship position that can be a summer job, some other salaried position or work experience, or a position without salary in an organization.
|Learning activities and teaching methods
Students complete tasks with their own activities to support their own professional growth in working-life. Internship duration should be at least 2 months.
Industrial Engineering and Management students.
|Prerequisites and co-requisites
Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge.
|Recommended optional programme components
|Recommended or required reading
|Assessment methods and criteria
The internship must provide at least 2 months working experience related to your studies. Internship period cannot be the same as in course 555204A Harjoittelu. The length of the written report is 2-3 pages and it must address the following questions:
- Where (organization name, location) did you perform the internship?
- How did you find this position (PESTI-days or some other way)?
- How was the application procedure? Was there an interview etc?
- Have you worked in this organization earlier?
- What tasks were you doing during the internship period?
- Were these tasks related to your major, supplementary, or engineering studies?
- Which theories or skills in IEM courses were useful in your job?
- What type of topics should be added to the IEM courses based on your internship experience?
The report and a certificate provided by the organization where internship took place must be sent via email to your teacher tutor (Product Management (https://www.oulu.fi/forstudents/tutor-teaching#6503) , Tuotantotalouden tutkinto- ja maisteriohjelmat (https://www.oulu.fi/opiskelijalle/omaopettaja#6503)).
University lecturer Osmo Kauppila
|Working life cooperation
Yes. The student gains working experience in an organization.
Information about internship placements and financial support can be found in Oulu University's webpage about traineeship. On traineeship issues you can contact the traineeship contact person for Faculty of Technology
Substitutes the course 555311S Advanced Internship.