1-10 ECTS cr
|Language of instruction
During academic studies
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to
- apply the skills needed in academic positions of trust (interaction skills, meeting techniques, working in a group, cooperation skills, leadership skills)
- evaluate critically the issues to be decided, take a stand on them and justify his or her viewpoint
- attend to the functions related to his or her position of trust in a responsible manner
The course can include functions in a number of positions of trust as follows:
- Student Union Board, 1 year, 4-5 credits
- Student Union representatives, 2 years, 2 credits
- University Board of Directors, 1 year, 2 credits
- University Collegium, 2 years, 2 credits
- Education Council, 1 year, 2 credits
- Faculty Board, 2 years, 2 credits
- Board of a subject organisation, 1 year, 1-3 credits
- National student organisation such as SYL, SOOL or Specia, 1 year, 1-5 credits
- Other important functions in the field of education policy and/or development of teaching, 1-3 credits
The number of credits to be awarded to a student is determined by the programme coordinator based on available documentation following the principles mentioned above.
|Mode of delivery
|Learning activities and teaching methods
All the students in the Faculty of Education
|Prerequisites and co-requisites
|Recommended optional programme components
|Recommended or required reading
|Assessment methods and criteria
The student shall keep a learning diary of the position(s) of trust that (s)he has been managing, discussing the following issues among others:
- Which organisation has the student been working in, how long and how actively has s/he been taking part in its activities?
- What does the student think s/he has learnt from the position of trust? (With special consideration of these working life skills: communication skills, social skills, technical skills, international competence, commercial and financial competence, development of self-knowledge)
- How can the student make use of his or her experience in the future?
- In the student’s mind, how should the preparation of matters be developed?
The learning diary and proof of having been in charge of a position of trust are returned to the student’s programme coordinator, who will determine the number of credits to be awarded. The length of the learning diary
Programme Academic Officer
|Working life cooperation
The maximum number of credits for the above activities is 10 credits in one to two parts.