10 ECTS cr / 270 hours of work
|Language of instruction
Finnish / English
2nd autumn semester, 1st and 2nd period.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- work in multidisciplinary expert groups and manage issues and people in different working environments
- develop competence in expertise and change management
- apply evidence-based knowledge and decision-making skills during his/her clinical training
- recognize the importance for monitoring continuous personal development and future developmental challenges and directions in healthcare and in different nursing/nursing science expert roles
- work in changing working life situations and use creative problem-solving skills and innovativeness.
The clinical training is completed in a social and healthcare organization according to a personal plan. Writing a clinical training plan and a final report.
|Mode of delivery
Expert clinical training at the selected organization.
|Learning activities and teaching methods
Parts of the clinical training:
Part 1: Info on the clinical training, 2. autumn semester (2 h)
Part 2: Development of an individual clinical training plan in collaboration with the selected organization (22 h)
Part 3: Completion and evaluation of the clinical training (230 h)
Part 4: Writing the final report (10 h)
Part 5: Research clubs (2 h)
Part 6: Workshop (4 h)
Master’s students in nursing Science who have chosen to complete coursework in Clinical Nursing Expertise Option.
|Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous coursework in Clinical Nursing Expertise Option to be completed.
|Recommended optional programme components
The course is an independent entity and does not require additional studies carried out at the same time.
|Recommended or required reading
Current learning material, research literature and scientific articles related to the topic.
|Assessment methods and criteria
Planning, completion and evaluation of the clinical training together with the supervisor. Writing a clinical training plan and a final report. Self-assessment/reflection on personal development in expertise. Participation in research clubs and workshops. Continuous evaluation and a competence-based evaluation matrix will be used.
Read more about assessment criteria at the University of Oulu webpage.
Pass / fail
|Working life cooperation
The working life-oriented clinical training will be conducted in the organization of the student’s choice.
In academic year 2020-21, the course will be implemented together with the course 353312S Clinical Training Experience for Development of Leadership Competence.