The concept of accounting and its meaning in firms and society.
The content and differences of management and financial accounting.
- the goals, content and structure of statements; central accounting principles, basics of bookkeeping
- balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and their connections
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), principles of group accounts
- connections between income statement and taxation
- financial statement analysis
- accounting for strategic management; implementing strategy, scorecards
- management of a profit centre organization (including Economic Value Added and WACC)
- budgeting and budgetary system
- cost accounting tasks and cost concepts, product, service and customer profitability
- ad hoc calculations, cost-volume-profit analysis and pricing
- estimating the profitability of investments
Key concepts of corporate governance